Apr 22, 2008

Letter to Prime Minister

I just sent a letter to Prime Minister of Australia, Mr. Kevin Rudd, about a month ago on banning smoking. Yesterday, I received a response letter from Prime Minister himself. And it says:

17 April 2008

Dear Ranu Fikhar,

Thank you for your recent email about banning smoking. I always appreciate young people writing to me about important issues.

The government receives a lot of letters about banning smoking, particularly to stop licences that allow tobacco to be sold. At this time, banning smoking would be a lot of work and may encourage people who want to smoke to get tobacco illegaly. Instead the goverment is telling people about the dangers of smoking and now Australia has fewer smokers than it did ten years ago.

I hope this information has been helpful. Please accept my best wish for you and your family

Yours sincerly,

Kevin Rudd


Prime Minister
Federal Government of Australia

So that's the letter the Prime Minister of Australia gave to me about banning smoking

No comments: